Fowl play: Man claims chicken parmigiana nearly killed him

A man he nearly died from food poisoning claims a chicken parmigiana he ate at a Melbourne restaurant caused him to fall ill.

Liam Steele, 19, lost eight kilograms in 72 hours after going through a bout of food poisoning.

He suffered through muscle spasms and had to be placed on life support.

Source: 7 News
Source: 7 News

“I was sitting in a wheelchair in hospital having muscle convulsions being told my kidneys have shut down,” he said.

“It was terrifying to have someone tell me, ‘we’re going to make you stop breathing to keep you alive.’”

Liam believes his pain was caused by a chicken parmigiana he ate at a Doncaster restaurant hours before he fell ill.

Source: 7 News
Source: 7 News

However, Manningham Council have investigated and no evidence of salmonella was found.

Liam’s father Matt is relieved he managed to make it through.

“Had he been much younger or much older I don’t think he would’ve been here,” he said.

No further action is set to be taken against the restaurant.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting