Man 'head-butts firefighter' after flipping car in McDonald's drive-thru

A man allegedly head-butted a firefighter in Melbourne last night after flipping his car in a McDonald’s drive-thru.

Emergency services were called to the fast food restaurant on Eramosa Road in Somerville at 12.40am on Saturday following reports a car had crashed into a bollard in the drive-thru.

The 23-year-old male driver freed himself from the vehicle and then pushed a male paramedic and head-butted an officer attached to the Country Fire Authority (CFA), Victoria Police claim.

The driver also allegedly assaulted emergency service workers who were at the scene.

A man allegedly head-butted a firefighter in Melbourne last night after flipping his car in a McDonald’s drive-thru. Source: Victoria Police

The man was restrained before paramedics treated him at the scene and then took him to hospital. 

Police are investigating after it was alleged the driver abused McDonald’s staff at the first window of the drive-thru prior to the collision. It is not known if alcohol or drugs were a factor.

The man will be interviewed about the alleged assault and traffic offences, police said.

The driver allegedly was abusive to staff at the McDonald's before flipping his car. Source: Google Maps

Four teens arrested following assault

Four teenagers have been arrested in Sydney’s Northern Beaches overnight after a senior officer was assaulted at a fast food restaurant.

At about 11pm on Friday night, police were called to a McDonald’s on the corner of Warriewood Road and Pittwater Road in Warriewood after receiving reports of a group of teenagers causing a “disturbance” inside the restaurant.

Once at the scene, officers moved the crowd on from inside the restaurant, but the group of teens began to gather outside, according to NSW Police.

A male chief inspector was assaulted and knocked to the ground while he was ushering a group of five teenagers from the McDonald’s.

Police were called to the McDonald's in Warriewood following reports of teenagers causing a disturbance inside. Source: Google Maps

NSW Police further allege one of the teenagers stole the officers identification, while another stole his phone before fleeing the scene on foot.

Police from the Northern Beaches Police Area Command were assisted by neighbouring commands and commenced a search of the surrounding area.

Just after 1am on Saturday, a 17-year-old boy was arrested following a pursuit on foot in North Narrabeen.

At about 3am, a second 17-year-old boy was arrested along with a 16-year-old boy at a home in North Narrabeen.

Just before 4.30am, a fourth teenager, aged 16-years-old was arrested in Warriewood.

NSW Police said in a statement the chief inspector sustained minor injuries, while a constable involved in the foot pursuit was taken to hospital after sustaining head and knee injuries.

The constable has since been released.

The four teenagers were all taken to Manly Police Station and are assisting with ongoing inquiries.

Do you have a story tip? Email:

You can also follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.