Man admits to being murder accessary

A man has pleaded guilty to being an accessary to murder regarding the Swanbourne shooting death of David Liam Johnson earlier this year.

Edward James Dangla-Cruz, 23, today admitted the charge in the Stirling Gardens Magistrate's Court where three other men also appeared on charges regarding the death.

It is alleged Mr Johnson, 32, knew his three accused killers and was involved in altercation with them at a Swanbourne house on March 8 where he was struck by a car.

He was then allegedly driven to a park and fatally shot.

Angus William John Ritchie, 23, Alexander James Stephens, 23, and Nathan Michael Beckton, 36, appeared in the same court as Mr Dangla-Cruz today via videolink from prison.

Lawyers for the three men said they were waiting for forensic reports before pleas could be formally entered and any trial dates set, with the court told it would likely be a long and complex trial.

Mr Dangla-Cruz, who is on bail, appeared in person to plead guilty to the charge of being an accessary to murder between March 8 to 20.

His plea was watched by Mr Johnson's family members.

A sentencing date was set for February 7 next year.