King Charles is said to be "hugely positive" amid his cancer diagnosis.
The 75-year-old monarch was diagnosed with an undisclosed form of the disease after a "separate issue of concern" was detected when he underwent a procedure for an enlarged prostate last month, but he and his doctors are feeling very optimistic about his recovery.
A family friend told the Daily Mail newspaper Charles was being "hugely positive" and added: "From what I know he is up and about as usual and he is so positive that you wouldn't know he even had a condition. Luckily it has, as far as anyone can tell, been caught very early.
"In terms of the treatment he is getting, the treatment for all cancers have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years. The specialist ones they conduct now are incredibly sophisticated. He and his doctors are very, very positive.
"I think it is something he may share more on in the future if he wants to but for the moment he wants to concentrate on his treatment and the work in hand."
Although Charles will step back from public engagements due to his diagnosis, another friend explained it wasn't because of any physical frailty but to "minimise in person contact" because of the medical risks to him while he is receiving treatment.
The insider added: "Obviously it is a shock but he is really doing very well."
It is believed the king will still continue his weekly meetings with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, with appropriate arrangements to be made if doctors advise they shouldn't be done in person. Charles is also keen to continue to undertake Privy Council meetings and continue to receive his red boxes and work on state documents.
Charles' cancer diagnosis was announced via a statement from Buckingham Palace on Monday (05.02.24).
The statement said: "During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.
"The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.
"His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer."