A woman who died almost two years after she was doused in gasoline and set ablaze will now testify at her former boyfriend's trial from beyond the grave.
Judy Malinowski, 33, underwent dozens of surgeries after she was engulfed in flames in 2015 behind a petrol station in Columbus, Ohio.
Her ex-boyfriend, Michael Slager, was sentenced to 11 years in prison after pleading no contest in 2016 to charges including felonious assault and aggravated arson.
But Slager now faces the death penalty after a grand jury indicted him on aggravated murder and murder charges following Ms Malinowski's death in June last year .
In an unprecedented move, Ms Malinowski will now form part of the case against him through a video recording that she made five months prior to her death.
And on Friday Franklin County Judge Guy Reece allowed the footage saying officials knew of no other case in which a victim would testify at his or her own murder trial.
- 'We stuffed up': Comm Games chairman responds to closing ceremony criticism
- Supermarket stoush: Bloody brawl in Coles caught on video
- Mum's shock after she sends autistic boy to school with recording device
- Vet hospital opens doors to pets in 'devastating' bushfire zone
- Woman charged with murdering her look-a-like to steal her identity
Ms Malinowski, a former beauty model, inspired Ohio legislation requiring six additional years in prison for crimes that permanently maim or disfigure victims.
Her two daughters said the law helped them know their mum did not suffer in vain.