Jeremy Kyle has revealed that his 17-year-old daughter had to be taken to hospital after getting bitten by a spider over the festive period.
The TV star, 57, said that it happened a couple of days before Christmas and that the spider bit Ava while she was asleep in bed.
He opened up about the incident during a recent appearance on Mike Graham's TalkTV show.
"This is a genuinely true story," he said.
"Two days before Christmas my daughter was bitten by a spider in her sleep.
"Nobody knew anything about it."
Ava evidently suffered some sort of reaction to the nip as Kyle added that the teenager "ended up in hospital" but didn't share and further details.
Kyle shares Ava with his ex-wife Carla Germaine and they are also parents to daughters Harriet, 32, and Alice, 18, and 13-year-old son Henry.
The presenter tied the knot with his new wife Vicky Burton in 2021, and they have son Oliver, who turns two this month.
According to the NHS, bites from spiders in the UK are "uncommon".
However, it notes that some native spiders – such as the false widow spider – "are capable of giving a nasty bite".
Bites from spiders can leave small puncture marks which can be painful and can cause redness and swelling.
The NHS said: "Some spiders bites can cause you to feel or be sick, sweating and dizziness. Bites can also become infected or cause a severe allergic reaction in rare cases."
It said people with "any severe or worrying symptoms after a spider bite" should get medical help immediately.
Watch: Jeremy Kyle announces he's joining social media