'I could be dead': Customer hits out at Woolworths over 'dangerous' mistake

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·1-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

A Woolworths customer has lashed out at the supermarket giant for a “dangerous” mistake.

The shopper claims she purchased what she thought was chicken teriyaki sushi from a Perth store, only to discover it actually contained tuna.

“This is 100% not chicken teriyaki. As someone who suffers from deadly allergies, this could have ended extremely badly,” the woman posted on the Woolworths Facebook page along with images of her purchase.

Pictured is the tuna inside the sushi roll. Source: Facebook
The shopper claims she purchased what she thought was chicken teriyaki sushi from a Perth store, only to discover it actually contained tuna. Source: Facebook

“If it had been crab not tuna, I could be dead,” the concerned customer added.

“Mistakes like this are dangerous”.

Woolworths responded to the shopper and said they will be investigating the matter.

“We take these kinds of incidents very seriously, especially for our customers who have allergies,” a spokesperson said.

The supermarket has offered to refund the woman’s purchase.

Yahoo News Australia has contacted Woolworths for comment.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting