A Melbourne father and son have told of how they survived being bitten by one of the world’s deadliest snakes.
Matt Horn and his son Braeden were bitten by a tiger snake inside their Diamond Creek home on Wednesday, but fortunately no venom made it into the duo’s blood.
Mr Horn said he came home to find his autistic son Braeden playing with the snake in the hallway and tried to intervene.
“I got between him and the snake, Brady went tearing up the hallway … as I’ve jumped over it, it’s reared up,” Mr Horn said.
As the Melbourne dad tried to reach his son, who was bitten twice on the foot, the snake slithered behind a TV cabinet, trapping Mr Horn in the bedroom.
“I couldn’t get out because the paramedics wanted to treat me but they couldn’t get in because (the snake) was right there,” Mr Horn said.
“I was scared if they came in, it would’ve bitten one of them.”
Luckily for the father and son, snake hunter Mark Pelley arrived quickly at the scene, catching the offender.
“Braeden and his father are very fortunate to still be with us today,” Mr Pelley said.
Tiger snake bites can be deadly, with the venom quickly spreading through a person’s central nervous system.