- 8 round wonton wrappers
- 4 eggs
- 24 large green asparagus spears, trimmed
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 100g parmesan, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Place the wonton wrappers on a lightly floured work surface.
- Carefully separate each egg, placing the whites in one bowl and each yolk in a separate small bowl, take care not to break the yolks as they are filling for the ravioli. Gently place one yolk in the middle of each wonton wrapper, brush the edges with the egg white and carefully top with a second wrapper, taking special care not to break the yolk. Gently press all around the edge of the yolks to seal and remove any air.
- Blanch the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until tender but firm to the bite. Place 6 asparagus on each warmed plate.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add a drizzle of oil. Working in batches, cook the ravioli for 1 minutes, then carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- To serve, place a ravioli on top of the asparagus on each plate. Scatter with shaved parmesan and season with sea salt and pepper. Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil.
Find out more about the Eggsellence Awards.