Doctors make disturbing discovery in man's bladder

Baffled doctors have discovered a 61cm phone charger cable inside a man’s bladder.

X-ray scans show the entangled lead inside the 30-year-old as he was being treated in Guwahati hospital, India, on May 31.

Doctors believe it been swallowed or inserted for "sexual gratification".

The man, who is said to have a “history of accidental ingestion of headphones”, visited the doctors after complaining of abdominal pain.

He was given a two-day course of laxatives in a bid to alleviate the stomach pain before doctors performed a small incision into his gastrointestinal tract.

Surgeon Dr Wallie Islam performs surgery and an X-ray shows a phone charger cable in man's bladder.
Dr Wallie Islam and his team took 45 minutes to remove this phone charger from a man's bladder. Source: Mega

It was then that doctors discovered the charger cord in the man’s bladder and five medics performed a 45 minute surgery to remove it.

Surgeon Wallie Islam, who admitted he had not seen anything of the sort in his 25-year career, said surgeons didn’t want to jump straight into surgery and that’s why he was given laxatives.

"The patient's stool was examined, but nothing came out,” Dr Islam said.

"We decided to do a small incision and check the gastrointestinal tract.”

The doctor added the man “might have been uncomfortable telling the truth”, leading to the team search his gastrointestinal tract.

"Though I'm not exactly sure about his mental health, some people do things for sexual gratification, but this man took things a little too far,” he said.

The man spent three days recovering in hospital before he was released.


Do you have a story tip? Email:

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.