Advertisement
SIGN UP for our newsletter ✉️ :

Get the latest stories delivered straight to you

Charges over machete stabbing attack

A manhunt has been launched after a machete attack rocked Sydney’s famed Oxford Street, with a young man brutally stabbedand a good Samaritan injured while trying to help. , , Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on Saturday. , , Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.  Picture: NCA NewsWire

Two men have been charged over their alleged involvement in a stabbing machete attack along a Sydney nightclub strip.

It happened in the early hours of July 29 outside an Oxford Street nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney.

Crowds watched on as a 25-year-old man was approached by a group of men, armed with knives, before one stabbed him with a machete.

A third man, 34, was also stabbed when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.

A manhunt has been launched after a machete attack rocked Sydney’s famed Oxford Street, with a young man brutally stabbedand a good Samaritan injured while trying to help. , , Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on Saturday. , , Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.  Picture: NCA NewsWire
Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on July 29. Picture: NCA NewsWire

New South Wales Police established Strike Force Jacob to investigate the matter, with the help of Queensland Police, arresting a 21-year-0ld in the Ipswich suburb of Redbank Plains on Thursday.

He was extradited to NSW and charged with cause wounding/grievous bodily harm to person with intent to murder, reckless wounding in company, and affray.

He was bail-refused, and appeared in Parramatta Bail Court on Saturday.

A manhunt has been launched after a machete attack rocked Sydney’s famed Oxford Street, with a young man brutally stabbedand a good Samaritan injured while trying to help. , , Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on Saturday. , , Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.  Picture: NCA NewsWire
Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence. Picture: NCA NewsWire

Meanwhile, an 18-year-old man was arrested at Lalor Park on Friday morning.

He’s been charged with charged with the same offences as the 21-year-old man, as well as possess unauthorised pistol, and not keep firearm safely-pistol.

He’s appeared in court and been bail-refused, ahead of an appearance in Downing Centre Local Court on November 16.

A manhunt has been launched after a machete attack rocked Sydney’s famed Oxford Street, with a young man brutally stabbedand a good Samaritan injured while trying to help. , , Police were called to reports of a stabbing outside a nightclub in Surry Hills, believed to be Noir Sydney, about 3am on Saturday. , , Witnesses told police a 25-year-old man was being stabbed by another man armed with a machete, and that a third man, 34, had been injured when he stepped in to try and stop the violence.  Picture: NCA NewsWire
Two men have now been charged over their alleged roles in the attack, while both victims have been released from hospital. Picture: NCA NewsWire

Footage from outside Noir nightclub shows partygoers milling around on the street, before two men are seen sprinting through the crowd and appearing to crash into another man, thought to be the 25-year-old.

In the CCTV, obtained by NCA NewsWire, one of the men stands up and moves away, while the second stays on the ground and raises his arm multiple times towards the person who was tackled to the ground.

Moments later, another person is seen pushing the second man away, and he then sprints away across the street.

Both of the alleged victims have since been released from hospital.

Strike Force Jacob continues their investigations.