Boy, 16, electrocuted to death while using headphones


WARNING – GRAPHIC CONTENT: Shocking pictures show a 16-year-old boy with blood pouring out of his blackened ears after he was electrocuted to death while using his headphones on his plugged-in phone. 

The incident occurred near the town of Rembau in the state of Negeri Sembilan in Malaysia, where the boy, identified as Mohammed Aidil Azzahar Zaharin, was wearing his headphones while sleeping. 

He was found the next day motionless and cold on the floor by his mother, 51, who thought he was asleep.

Mohammed Aidil Azzahar Zaharin, 16, was electrocuted to death by his headphones, which were plugged into his phone in Malaysia. Source: AsiaWire/Australscope

She then tried to wake him up but unable to do so, she called medics who declared him dead. 

It was then confirmed the boy did not have any other injuries or bruises on his body other than bleeding and burns on his left ear, and the autopsy later showed the cause of death was electrocution. 

The victim’s brother also said he felt a small electric shock when he touched the cable. 

Mohammed was wearing his headphones while sleeping. He was found the next day motionless and cold on the floor. Source: AsiaWire/Australscope

Photos of the boy have spread online as a warning for other users of possible risks when using their phones while charging. 

The exact make and model of the phone are currently unclear.