For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – August 13, 2020 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here: (https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/1040656/should-you-buy-the-recovery-stocks-right-now)
Should You Buy the Recovery Stocks Right Now?
Welcome to Episode #236 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Market Edge From Zacks · Should You Buy the Recovery Stocks Right Now?
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
This week, Tracey is going solo to discuss the economic recovery, especially in travel and leisure industries.
They’ve been hit the hardest by the pandemic but with coronavirus cases on the decline again nationwide and some school districts reopening for in-classroom learning, the US economy could be on the cusp of seeing an acceleration in its economic recovery.
Is Travel Back?
Already, the number of travelers at American airports going through TSA screenings has jumped to its highest levels since the week of the lockdowns in mid-March.
And travel by car continues to be popular with hotel and Airbnb stays showing improvement each month during the summer.
But international travel remains a challenge and some consumers remain cautious about taking vacations with coronavirus quarantine restrictions in place.
Is Now the Time to Invest?
Many of the travel and leisure stocks have seen a wild ride since the March coronavirus sell-off.
They’ve had rallies, and then sold off again as the second outbreak in the South picked up steam.
Could these “recovery stocks” be poised for better days ahead once again?
5 Recovery Stocks to Put on Your Watch List
1. Southwest Airlines (LUV) is the darling of the domestic traveler and it also flies to Mexico and the Caribbean. More people are getting on planes as we head into the fall. Analysts still expect it to see positive earnings of $1.39 in 2021 even after losing $6.35 this year.
2. Delta Airlines (DAL) is a top pick among many investors due to its solid balance sheet and great international routes. But analysts have gotten more pessimistic over the last 3 months about next year as the borders mostly remain closed and business travel is still horrible. The analysts have cut their 2021 estimates over the last 90 days. The Zacks Consensus has fallen to $1.57 from $2.32 during that time.
3. Royal Caribbean (RCL) is expected to lose $14.60 a share this year. A few months ago, analysts had hopes that cruises could resume in late summer and pick up momentum into 2021. Three months ago, they were optimistically thinking that Royal Caribbean could make $3.50 a share in 2021. But the estimates have been cut after their earnings report and the Zacks Consensus is now looking for a loss of $5.01. Royal Caribbean is also a Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell).
4. Hilton Worldwide (HLT) actually still has a forward P/E and is trading at 118x. People have started traveling again and want to go with well-known brands. Analysts still think they’ll see positive earnings in 2020 with the Zacks Consensus looking for $0.71. But 6 estimates have been cut in the past month. Similarly, estimates have been cut for 2021 as well.
5. Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) is a time-share company. Usually they don’t do well during recessions but this is no ordinary recession. There is pent-up demand for travel and time shares are often apartment-like properties where it’s easier to do social distancing. Hilton Grand Vacations also has a forward P/E but it’s at 193x. While it’s expected to lose $0.13 in 2020 analysts see a quick rebound in 2021 to $1.58 per share. It made $2.11 in 2019, so that’s quite the rebound. Will it see a swift recovery?
Government restrictions and future outbreaks and hot spots are sure to put some kinks into these companies’ plans.
But is now the time for traders and investors to be poking around in the recovery stocks?
Tune into this week’s podcast to find out.
5 Stocks Set to Double
Each was hand-picked by a Zacks expert as the #1 favorite stock to gain +100% or more in 2020. Each comes from a different sector and has unique qualities and catalysts that could fuel exceptional growth.
Most of the stocks in this report are flying under Wall Street radar, which provides a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
Today, See These 5 Potential Home Runs >>.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss.This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performancefor information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. (HLT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (HGV) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research