KEY POINTS OF US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP'S SPEECH ON IRAN:
- Deal "one of the worst" and most "one-sided transactions the United States has ever entered into"
- Iran not living up to "spirit" of nuclear deal
- accuses Iran of being world's "leading state sponsor of terrorism", calls Iranian government "rogue regime" that has spread "death and chaos" around the world
- will decertify deal
- under US law agreement not in best interest of US
- US will remain in deal and will seek to address flaws in agreement
- says he can withdraw from agreement at any time if efforts to address flaws with congress and allies unsuccessful
- US will deny Iran path to develop nuclear weapons.
- slaps financial sanctions on Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps under measures that target terrorist groups but not adding it to formal list of foreign terrorist organisations.