Woman's shocking find in McDonald's burger

A young McDonald’s customer has revealed her horror after discovering an unwanted ingredient inside her McChicken burger.

Ciara Harvie had ducked into the fast food store at Fort Kinnaird in Edinburgh, Scotland, for a quick meal but stopped just a couple of bites in.

At first glance, the 20-year-old thought there was “a piece of brown lettuce” but a closer look revealed something far more sinister.

“I looked closer and was shocked to see it was a dead spider,” Ms Harvi told The Sun.

Ciara Harvie was a couple of bites into her McChicken burger when she spotted an unwanted ingredient. Source: Facebook/Ciara Harvie
Ciara Harvie was a couple of bites into her McChicken burger when she spotted an unwanted ingredient. Source: Facebook/Ciara Harvie
A closer look revealed the dead spider stuck to a piece of lettuce. Source: Facebook/Ciara Harvie
A closer look revealed the dead spider stuck to a piece of lettuce. Source: Facebook/Ciara Harvie

The young musician said she returned the burger to the store but the manager refused to apologise.

“I understand that things like this happen, and probably not very often, but I think the way they handled it was the most disappointing thing,” she added.

Ms Harvie went onto voice her disgust in a Facebook post, revealing images of the creepy crawly stuck to a piece of lettuce.

Ms Harvie vowed not to return to the restaurant after the experience. Source: Facebook/Ciara Harvie
Ms Harvie vowed not to return to the restaurant after the experience. Source: Facebook/Ciara Harvie

“Went to McDonald’s at Fort Kinnaird today and found a dead spider in my burger,” she wrote.

“I took it back and didn’t even get an apology. I don’t think I’ll be going back anything (sic) soon.”

Yahoo7 News has contacted McDonald’s for comment.