A Tasmanian woman has shared a “disgusting” find in her Woolworths frankfurters.
The woman posted video on Facebook of frankfurters she recently purchased, detailing to uncomfortable discovery.
“So you get maggots crawling on your food, children get sick and they offer you $20 voucher,” she wrote.
“So I want others to be aware and keep an eye out when purchasing.”
Presumably, the woman is speaking about compensation she received from the supermarket chain.
In a response to the post, Woolies said it was “sorry to hear” she wasn’t happy with the “resolution” offered by her local Woolworths.
“We'd like to advise that we've also created a case and passed it on to the relevant product quality team for their awareness,” they wrote.
“We reassure our customers that (we have) comprehensive processes and procedures in place to ensure the food we sell is of high quality and doesn't present any safety risk to customers.”
“That's friggin’ disgusting. I'd call the health department,” one person wrote.
Woolworths was contacted for comment but referred to their Facebook response.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.