A “disgusted” woman claims she discovered maggots in her McDonald’s order during a meal with her family.
The unnamed woman told Wales Online she visited the fast food chain’s store tin Bridgend, Wales, last Thursday.
She ordered breakfast McMuffins in the drive-thru to then eat at home, but when her dad opened his burger, he immediately saw the maggots.
"I have visited this branch since I was young and have never had problems here,” she told the publication.
"We all ordered sausage and egg McMuffin's and went through the drive-thru to eat at home. I didn't check to see if there was anything wrong with my burger but my dad noticed it straight away.
"It made me think that there may have been something wrong with my burger but I obviously never checked,” she said, adding that “it was really disgusting."
The woman contacted McDonald’s customer service, who said they would investigate the incident.
She also said the store has offered her gift vouchers, but she’s put off from visiting the fast food chain now.
A McDonald’s spokesperson told Wales Online: “Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.
"As soon as we were made aware of this incident, we conducted an investigation at restaurant-level but were unable to find anything to suggest the product was contaminated with the foreign object in the restaurant. We understand that the customer has been liaising with our customer services team to help find a resolution.”
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.