FOREIGN AFFAIRS - WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE BUDGET
* No rise expected for foreign aid budget, currently $4 billion, but there is talk of a $400 million cut
* Aid level as proportion of gross national income at an all-time low
* Redirection of funding to the Pacific and boosting regional security, in response to Foreign Policy White Paper
* Funding for APEC summit in Papua New Guinea
* Funding for two-thirds of the cost of an undersea high speed communications cable linking Australia, PNG and Solomon Islands, to be finished by late 2019.
* New diplomatic posts.