A new mum has died after a boozy night out with friends - one of her first away from her baby.
Shannon Platt, 23, from Wrexham, North Wales, and her husband Jamie travelled to Upton to visit friends on December 28, leaving their 10-month-old daughter Wilhelmia with family members.
The young mum got “very drunk” during the rare night out and tragically “slipped away in her sleep”, an inquest has heard.
She was found unresponsive in the middle of the night and although an ambulance was called, Shannon was pronounced dead at 4.32am.
Liverpool coroner Andre Rebello said a post mortem examination showed Shannon was three-and-a-half times over the driving limit, with 298mgs of alcohol per 100ml in her blood.
"During that evening a large quantity of alcohol was drank by all,” he said.
"She became very drunk, and at one stage she was put in the recovery position and left in the bedroom at 2am.
"She appeared to be asleep and breathing and the lights were turned off."
Giving a verdict of misadventure, Mr Rebello said Shannon appeared to have simply stopped breathing.
The cause of death was given as respiratory depression due to acute alcohol intoxication.
"She will have slipped away in her sleep,” he added.
Jamie said former care worker Shannon was an "amazing" mum to Wilhelmia.
"Shannon was the most kind and amazing person you could ever wish to meet - and the sudden death of my beloved wife will always leave my heart broken,” he said.
"She was an amazing mum and friend - and I was honoured to call her my wife, my best friend and the mother to our child and I will always carry her in my heart."
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.