A 10-year-old Perth child who raped an eight-year-old boy while armed with a weapon will not return to the school he's been attending after shocked parents were outraged to learn about the attack on social media.
The 10-year-old boy has had his sentencing delayed after questions were raised about his capacity to understand the court process.
He appeared in Perth Children's Court on Tuesday having previously pleaded guilty to sexual penetration of a child and threatening to kill.
But the court heard that following a psychological report there was the possibility the boy did not understand the court process, so Magistrate Andree-Marie Horrigan ordered an additional report.
Defence lawyer Neville Barber said he thought the psychologist misunderstood the criminal code regarding capacity.
"On my instructions, he is well aware he did what he should not have done," he said.
The boy, who wore a buttoned shirt and sneakers, sat quietly in an office chair during proceedings with his eyes wandering around the room.
He was supported in court by family members, who covered his head as he left court.
The attack happened in December and the boy has been on bail while awaiting the court outcome.
But shocked parents at the boy's school were outraged to only learn about the attack on social media over the weekend.
Parents gathered on Monday to share their concerns that the boy was not being supervised properly, and some pulled their children out of school pending the court outcome.
One mother said the accused boy's bail conditions required him to attend school and be supervised in the library during breaks.
"One parent told me that her son had been playing with him at lunch time for the last three weeks," she told 6PR radio on Monday.
"We want our children to be safe, and of course this child needs help."
The school has refused to comment to AAP, but the Department for Child Protection and Family Support advised the Education Department on Tuesday that he would not return to the school.
The Education Department previously said the boy was being "constantly supervised" by two staff members while at school.
DCPFS director general Emma White said while the boy was not in the care of the department, it was providing appropriate support to the family and working closely with all agencies involved.
"The department will remain involved for as long as required," she said.
The eight-year-old victim does not go to the same school as the offender.
The case will return to court on March 15.