A second round of accommodation vouchers designed to help the tourism sector during the COVID-19 pandemic has provided a $19 million boost to the South Australian economy.
Premier Steven Marshall says the vouchers generated 36,000 bookings, bringing cash to the state's regions and the Adelaide CBD.
"Across round one and two of the vouchers, we've created more than 60,000 bookings, worth more than $31 million, getting people booking up the CBD and regions, and spending in our restaurants, cafes, bars and experiences around them," Mr Marshall said on Sunday.
"We will now take away any lessons we have learnt from the second round of the Great State Vouchers, talk to the industry and gear up for round three."
South Australian Tourism Commission chief executive Rodney Harrex said the voucher scheme had resulted in some regional venues breaking occupancy records.
He said there had been a particularly strong interest in vouchers for CBD accommodation in the second round.