VICTORIA'S LATEST COVID-19 NUMBERS AS AT JULY 23:
* 403 new cases, the 18th consecutive day of a triple-digit increase.
* Five more deaths, bringing the state's toll to 49 and the national figure to 133. Most deaths in a day for Victoria.
* The latest deaths include: a man in his 50s, a woman in her 70s connected to an aged care setting, a man in his 80s connected to aged care, a man in his 90s connected to aged care and a man in his 70s not connected to aged care.
* 201 people in hospital and with 40 in intensive care.
* 3630 cases are active in the state.
* 1,413,115 tests have been done in the state since January 1, with 27,151 on Wednesday.
* Of the new cases, 69 are connected to known outbreaks and 334 are under investigation.
* This is Victoria's third-highest daily case total, after 484 on Wednesday and 428 last Friday.