VICTORIA LOCKDOWN NEW RULES:
* From 11.59pm Friday all of Victoria will lockdown, going to stage 4 restrictions until 11.59pm Wednesday
* There will only be four reasons to leave home; shopping for essentials (limited to one person once per day), caregiving, essential work or education and exercise for up to two hours a day
* People must stay within five kilometres of home other than for permitted work
* Masks must be worn everywhere except at home
* Visitors to households are not permitted but intimate partner visits are allowed
* Public gatherings are not allowed but two people or members of the same household can meet for exercise
* Schools will close for four days except for vulnerable children and those of essential workers
* Early learning centres, childcare and family day care will remain open
* Higher education and training will close
* Places of worship are closed unless for broadcast of services
* Funerals will be limited to 10 people
* Weddings will only be allowed on compassionate grounds and will be limited to five people
* Indoor recreation and sport cease
* Outdoor recreation, pools and community facilities will close
* Hairdressing and beauty services will be closed and hospitality will open for takeaway only
* No visits to aged care or residential care except for end-of-life reasons
* No visits to hospitals except for end of life reasons, a parent accompanying a child or support during a birth.
INTERSTATE BORDER RESTRICTIONS
* Queensland will close its border to Greater Melbourne from 1am Saturday.
* Western Australia has reinstated a hard border with Victoria for 72 hours from 6pm Friday WST.
* Anyone who has been in Greater Melbourne on or after February 4 will not be allowed to enter South Australia unless they have an exemption.
* Anyone in NSW who has been in Victoria on or after Friday, January 29, is being directed to stay home for five days until 11.59pm Wednesday, February 17.
* Tasmania has declared Victoria a high-risk state, and non-residents are being told not to travel to the state.
* Tasmanians returning after midnight Friday will be required to isolate for 14 days. If they have been to a Victorian hotspot they will have to enter hotel quarantine, paid for by the Tasmanian government.
* The Tasmanian government is also asking anyone who was at the Tullamarine Airport on February 7 or 8 and is currently in Tasmania to monitor for symptoms and get tested.