VICTORIA'S COVID-19 NUMBERS FOR SEPTEMBER 7:
* 41 new cases, the lowest for Victoria since June 26.
* Nine more deaths, taking the state's toll to 675 and the national figure to 762.
* They include one woman in her 70s, one woman and three men in their 80s and one woman and three men in their 90s
* Eight of those deaths were in aged care, three earlier than the previous 24 hours
* Average case numbers for the past 14 days are 84.8 for Melbourne and 5.3 for regional Victoria
* 1781 active cases, including 95 in regional areas
* Total of 2,403,388 tests for the state, including 12,938 in the past 24 hours
* 266 patients in hospital, including 25 ICU cases and 17 on ventilators
* 259 active healthcare cases
* 873 active aged care cases, 95 outbreaks
* 23 active cases in residential disability
AGED CARE OUTBREAKS
* 232 cases linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
* 215 Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
* 206 St Basil's Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
* 162 Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
* 139 Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
* 127 Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
* 124 Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
* 119 BlueCross Ruckers Hill Aged Care Facility in Northcote
* 118 Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
* 117 Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
OTHER NOTABLE OUTBREAKS
* 19 Frankston Hospital
* 14 Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer
* 16 Bulla Dairy Foods in Colac
* 11 Dandenong Police Station
* 10 Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
* 177 fines issued, including 11 for not wearing a face covering and 68 for curfew breaches, plus 28 at vehicle checkpoints.
* Stage four across metropolitan Melbourne, including an 8pm-5am curfew, 5km travel limit, one-hour outdoor exercise limit, widespread workforce shutdowns, in place until September 13.
* From September 14, the nightly curfew will start an hour later at 9pm and run until 5am. People who live alone will be able to nominate a friend or family member who can visit them and two hours of daily exercise will be allowed.
* Stage three for regional Victoria runs until September 13.
Sources: Department of Health and Human Services and Victoria Police