VICTORIA'S COVID-19 NUMBERS FOR OCTOBER 10
* No deaths for the third day in a row, leaving the state toll at 809 and the national figure on 897
* 14 new cases, with six linked to known outbreaks and complex cases
* 14-day rolling case average to Friday is 9.5 for Melbourne and 0.4 for regional Victoria
* Mystery cases in the two weeks to Wednesday are 10 for Melbourne and none for regional Victoria
* 192 active cases in the state, including five in regional Victoria
* 21 people in hospital, with one in ICU
* 19 active cases involving healthcare workers
* 42 active cases linked to aged care
* 2,827,761 test results returned, an increase of 16,647 since Friday
* An outbreak in Box Hill has grown to 10 because of five new cases within a family. There are three Box Hill hospital staff, one patient and six household contacts who have tested positive.
* The Kilmore cafe cluster has grown to six cases
* No new cases linked to the Chadstone cluster
* Two-hour exercise limit within five kilometres of work or home
* From Monday, face masks must cover the mouth and nose every time Victorians leave home - scarves and bandanas are unacceptable
* A household, or maximum of five people from no more than two households, can gather outside
* Religious activities of up to five people, plus one faith leader for outdoor gatherings and ceremonies, are permitted
* From Monday, Melbourne primary school, special school and VCAL students will return to classroom learning
* The next easing of Melbourne restrictions is due on October 19.
POLICE ACTIVITY OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS:
* Victoria Police have issued 79 fines since Friday for breaches of health directions.
* These include seven for failing to wear a mask.
* More than 26,000 vehicles were checked.
* There were 1934 spot checks on people at their homes, businesses and public places.
* 13 people were fined at a house party in Bentleigh attended by 20 people who were not wearing masks or social distancing.