New pandemic orders mandating workers in key industries to get a third COVID-19 vaccination will be in place across Victoria from 11.59pm on Wednesday. Relevant workers without the third jab will not be able to work onsite.
WHO DO THE NEW RULES AFFECT?
* Workers who are already required to be fully vaccinated
* Healthcare, aged care, disability, emergency services, correctional facility, quarantine accommodation and food distribution workers.
* Retail supermarket staff are not included in the mandate.
WHAT IF THE BOOSTER ISN'T DUE YET?
* Workers eligible for a third dose on or before Wednesday, January 12 will have until Saturday February 12 to get their vital third dose.
* Workers not yet eligible for a third dose will be required to get it within three months and two weeks of the deadline to receive their second mandatory dose.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE?
* Residential aged care workers must receive their third dose by March 1 and healthcare workers by March 29.
*Disability, quarantine accommodation, correctional facilities, emergency services, and food distribution workers will need to receive their third dose by March 12.
SOURCE: Victorian government