A controversial Islamic study centre and bookshop, which was attended by several men charged with terrorism-related offences over an alleged Anzac Day murder plot, has closed its doors citing "constant harassment".
In a statement on its website, Al-Furqan Islamic Centre in Springvale South said it had come under a lot of pressure following the charges and said it was shutting immediately.
"This statement is to announce that, effective immediately, Al-Furqan Islamic Centre is ceasing its activities and closing its doors," the statement read.
"This decision has not been taken lightly.
"We believe that given the constant harassment, pressure and false accusations levelled against the centre – particularly by media and politicians – this is the best course of action for the protection of the local community, its members, and the broader Muslim community that is often implicated in these insidious campaigns."
The centre was raided by Australian Federal Police back in 2012.
It was also attended by several men who were recently arrested in Melbourne over an alleged Anzac Day terror plot.
Numan Haider, who was shot dead by police after attacking them with a knife last year, also visited Al-Furqan.
- Top IS recruiter urges attacks in Australia
- Father of Anzac 'terror' plot accused speaks out
- Horrifying details emerge about alleged terror plan
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews this week described Al-Furqan as "well monitored" following controversial views expressed by Islamic clerics.
Australia's most senior Islamic State recruiter in Syria, Neil Prakash, was also a former member of the centre.
In a video recently posted online, Prakash, who goes by the name Abu Khaled al-Cambodi, urges "brothers" to stage terror attacks on Australian soil.
"Now is the time to rise, now is the time to wake up - You must start attacking before they attack you," he said.
Prakash is understood to have left Melbourne for the middle east in 2013.
Morning news break – April 23