Victorians can rest assured the latest two local COVID-19 cases in the state will not lead to rampant further infections, the state's health minister says.
Martin Foley is confident the infections will not impact on the school holidays.
"It hasn't got ahead of us, unlike the cases that came in from Adelaide where we had a number of generations of transfers and change of transmissions before it became obvious," Mr Foley told reporters on Friday.
"This one, from the very first point of transmission, we identified quickly.
"We have in place a system for the next two weeks that we are confident can withstand any of the challenges that the public health team have identified so far."
Henry Li, who has owned Sandringham Dry Cleaners for 19 years, and his colleague are in hotel quarantine after testing positive.
The health department confirmed the two local cases in the 24 hours to Friday morning.
Mr Li's colleague - an Oakleigh man in his 60s - tested positive on Thursday after returning from Sydney at the weekend, then Mr Li also tested positive.
"It's terrible - we did everything carefully, we still got it. I don't know what happened," Mr Li told 3AW.
He said they wore masks at work, used hand sanitiser and made sure customers checked in with a QR code.
Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton confirmed the two men's infections had been linked genomically to the Sydney outbreak and its Delta virus variant.
Mr Li and his colleague are now staying at the same quarantine hotel.
He is in good health but says his employee is struggling with "quite serious symptoms".
The Oakleigh man is believed to have contracted the virus during a party at his daughter's house in West Hoxton in Sydney - the suburb was a "green zone" at the time.
That Saturday night party has since been declared a super-spreader event.
The man returned to Melbourne on Jetstar flight JQ523, which left Sydney at 5.30pm on Sunday.
The flight has been listed as a tier-one exposure site, meaning 126 passengers on board plus flight crew must get tested and isolate for 14 days.
The man took a bus from the airport to Broadmeadows and boarded a train from Broadmeadows to Flinders Street, then Flinders Street to Oakleigh to get home.
The bus and two trains are tier-two sites, meaning any other commuters will need to isolate until they get a negative test result.
The three train stations and a number of shops including a Woolworths in Burwood East and a shopping centre, fruit shop and Asian grocery in Forest Hill are also exposure sites.
The Sandringham dry-cleaning business has been listed as a tier-one site and about 100 customers are being traced.
Mr Sutton is unsure whether the Oakleigh man was at the business while waiting for his test result
The Oakleigh man lives in an apartment complex and all the residents there are also isolating.
Mr Li's wife and two sons are isolating separately from him and are being tested, with contact tracing underway.
Mr Foley said 13,000 people who had travelled from Greater Sydney since June 11 had been contacted and asked to get tested because of the outbreak in the NSW capital.
He added three people from Sydney red zones who flew in to Melbourne on Thursday had been sent back.
Victoria has recorded no new locally acquired coronavirus cases beyond the two infections.
The health department confirmed 21,991 tests were processed in the 24 hours to Friday morning, while 18,019 Victorians received a vaccine dose at one of the state-run hubs.