A murder charge has been dropped against a man accused of killing Victorian teenager Cayleb Hough and dumping his body in a mineshaft.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty in Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Monday to one charge of assisting an offender.
Another man, Thomas Kelson, 28, is due to appear in court on Tuesday charged with Cayleb's murder.
Cayleb's remains were discovered in a shallow mineshaft in the Lerderderg State Park, in Bacchus Marsh, in March 2016.
The Chelsea Heights 17-year-old went missing on December 20, 2015.
A committal hearing for Kelson was delayed after a witness told a lawyer he wanted to significantly change his statement to include information he had not told police.
The hearing was adjourned until midday on Tuesday.
Outside the court, Cayleb's mother Melanie Crespo said her son's family and friends were there to ensure he got justice.
"That's all we're here for, because he was only 17 years old and he didn't deserve any of what happened to him," she said.
Earlier in the day, supporters of Kelson and Cayleb got into a brawl in the lobby outside the courtroom, with police stepping in to break it up.