Power bill relief is coming for Victorians no matter which party wins the state election, with promises from both sides at their official launches.
After the coalition unveiled its "bill buster" policy on Sunday morning, Premier Daniel Andrews promised another round of the $250 power saving bonus if Labor is re-elected on November 26.
The October federal budget forecast a 56 per cent rise in electricity prices over the next 18 months, while gas prices are expected to increase by 40 per cent.
Under an extension of Labor's program, $250 payments would be made to every Victorian household that compares their energy offers from March next year.
"It will help families shop around," Mr Andrews told Labor faithful gathered at Cranbourne Community Theatre ahead of early voting centres opening on Monday.
"It'll mean more money in your pocket now, plus savings each year, every year."
Mr Andrews told the crowd at least 6000 apprentices and trainees would be hired under Labor's plan to re-establish the State Electricity Commission (SEC).
Other new commitments include a full week of work experience in clean energy for 10,000 students, VCE classes on TAFE courses and local content requirements on state-owned and supported renewable energy projects.
The premier also unveiled a $207 million package for specialist schools, including extending outside hours of care, National Disability Insurance Scheme navigators in every school and 1000 scholarships to attract speech pathologists.
"We have 13 days that will determine what happens in our state for the next four years," Mr Andrews said.
In Port Melbourne, Opposition Leader Matthew Guy promised a Liberal-National government would cut $235 from household electricity bills by scrapping the electricity supply charge portion of bills for the first half of 2023.
It's expected to cost taxpayers about $200m and whether it can be extended would depend on the budget, but it can be done by executive powers and will not need legislation.
New gas projects in Victoria would also be quarantined to supply only the state under another newly minted coalition election policy.
"We will legislate to require that 100 per cent of all new gas produced in Victoria is quarantined for Victorian use," Mr Guy said.
In 2012, the Liberal-National government put a moratorium on all onshore gas exploration, which the Labor government maintained.
The Andrews Labor government permanently banned fracking and coal seam gas extraction in 2017 and then allowed conventional exploration to restart last year.
"Allowing the private sector to locate new sources of gas will help to bring more supply into the Victorian energy market and reduce cost pressures," Mr Guy said.
The major party launches came after Victorian Electoral Commission confirmed its investigation into the Liberal donor scandal will not be complete before election day.
The probe was initiated after former chief of staff Mitch Catlin solicited a billionaire Liberal donor to make more than $100,000 in payments to his private marketing company.
Mr Guy has repeatedly insisted a contract sent to his personal email address was never signed or agreed to despite Mr Catlin resigning.
In August, the Liberal leader promised to hand over all relevant documents after being contacted by the VEC but on Sunday the body said it would not rush its investigation.
"The Victorian Electoral Commission acknowledges that the matter will not be resolved prior to the state election," it said.