Victorians will soon learn when COVID-19 restrictions will ease in line with the state reaching its 90 per cent full vaccination target.
The state recorded 797 new locally acquired virus cases and a further eight deaths on Tuesday.
It is the third straight day Victoria's case numbers have dropped and the lowest daily total reported in the state since late September.
With 87.4 per cent of Victorians 12 and over now double-vaccinated, the state is just days away from hitting its 90 per cent target.
Once the mark is reached, initially forecast for about November 24, Victorians are promised a return to normality with patron caps removed and masks only required on public transport and in high-risk settings.
Premier Daniel Andrews says a date for when the new restrictions take effect will be announced later this week.
"It might be Thursday. It might be Friday. It might be Saturday. It's not today," he told reporters at state parliament on Tuesday.
"Not to be flippant about it, but we have to be clear on exactly what day we will tick over the 90 per cent, and consistent with what we did at 80 per cent and 70 per cent as well, we're trying to give people as much notice as possible."
Opposition Leader Matthew Guy said the mark was an outstanding achievement for any constituency in the world and called for indoor mask requirements to be scrapped altogether.
"We should be very proud of that, always. But ... that means we should have our freedoms returned," he said.
"Bills like we're looking at today are inhibitors to moving on. It actually gets in the way of people's mental health to move on from COVID."
The Victorian government's new pandemic legislation is set to be debated in the upper house on Tuesday after a series of amendments were brokered with key crossbenchers, as protesters spent a second night on the steps of parliament.
SNAPSHOT OF VICTORIA'S CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK:
* Active COVID-19 cases: 14,131, down almost 20 per cent in one day from 17,518 on Monday
* Deaths reported on Tuesday: Eight people aged from their 60s to 80s
* Death toll across the pandemic: 1239
* COVID-related patients in hospital: 394
* Seven-day hospitalisation average: 418, a decrease of 26
* Actively infected patients in ICU: 72
* Cleared patients in ICU: 61
* ICU patients on a ventilator: 44
* Tests administered on Monday: 53,527
* Vaccine doses administered at state-run hubs: 7191