The Company also signs the United Nations Women’s Empowerment Principles
Building on the momentum of a strong year of environmental, social and governance (ESG) activity, Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR) announced today that it is the first S&P 500 REIT to become a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact ("UNGC"). Ventas joins more than 10,000 companies around the world including real estate leaders JLL, CBRE and Cushman & Wakefield, in making a voluntary commitment to align company strategies and operations with universal principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption. In addition, Ventas has also signed the United Nations Women’s Empowerment Principles ("WEP"), a set of guidelines established jointly by the UNGC and United Nations Women to offer guidance and foster business practices to empower and advance women at work.
"As an organization built on a foundation of ethics and integrity, Ventas is honored to join other global leaders as signatories to the principles of the UNGC and WEPs," said Debra A. Cafaro, Ventas Chairman and CEO. "Our support of these United Nations programs underscores the actions the Company has already taken and demonstrates our commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of responsible and ethical business practices."
Ventas has received many prestigious recognitions in the past year for its ESG and corporate responsibility practices including:
- Inclusion on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
- Recognition as the #1 Healthcare REIT on the GRESB 2019 rankings for the third consecutive year
- Receipt of Nareit’s Healthcare Leader in the Light for the fourth time
- CEO Cafaro was named to Harvard Business Review’s CEO 100 for the sixth consecutive year, earning her highest ever placement on the list as a result of Ventas’s long-term financial outperformance coupled with ESG achievements under her twenty-year leadership
- Inclusion in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender Equality Index for its leadership on gender equity
Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500 company, is a leading real estate investment trust. Its diverse portfolio of approximately 1,200 assets in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom consists of senior housing communities, medical office buildings, university-based research and innovation centers, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities, and health systems. Through its Lillibridge subsidiary, Ventas provides management, leasing, marketing, facility development and advisory services to highly rated hospitals and health systems throughout the United States. References to "Ventas" or the "Company" mean Ventas, Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Ventas and Lillibridge can be found at www.ventasreit.com and www.lillibridge.com.
For Additional Information:
+1 312 660 3816