Summary Ulcerative colitis (UC) is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) characterized by chronic inflammation of the large intestine and the rectum. The inflammation occurs only in the innermost layer of the lining of the intestine.
New York, Oct. 26, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Ulcerative Colitis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2029" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p05480081/?utm_source=GNW
In UC, ulcers develop on the surface of the bowel lining; these may bleed and produce mucus.If the inflammation is confined to rectum, it is called proctitis (Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, 2014; Crohn’s and Colitis UK, 2019).
UC can occur at any age, though most people are diagnosed in their mid-thirties. Men and women are equally likely to be affected, but older men are more likely to be diagnosed than older women.
Epidemiologists utilized historical data obtained from peer-reviewed articles and population-based studies to build the forecast for the diagnosed incident cases, total prevalent cases, and diagnosed prevalent cases of UC in the 8MM. Epidemiologists applied the incidence and prevalence of UC drawn from the above sources to each country’s population to calculate the number of estimated diagnosed incident cases, total prevalent cases, and diagnosed prevalent cases for UC.
The following data describes the epidemiology of UC. In the 8MM, the diagnosed incident cases are expected to increase from 157,327 cases in 2019 to 178,752 cases in 2029, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.36%. In the 8MM, the diagnosed prevalent cases of UC are expected to increase from 1,686,605 cases in 2019 to 2,026,976 cases in 2029, at an AGR of 2.02%. In 2029, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of UC in the 8MM with 872,999 diagnosed prevalent cases, whereas Canada will have the lowest number with 86,990 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2029. In the 8MM, the total prevalent cases of UC are expected to increase from 2,031,327 cases in 2019 to 2,441,651 cases in 2029, at an AGR of 2.02%.
- The Ulcerative Colitis Epidemiology Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of ulcerative colitis (UC) in the eight major markets (8MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Canada).
- The report includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the diagnosed incident cases, diagnosed prevalent cases of UC, and total prevalent cases of UC. The diagnosed incident cases and total prevalent cases of UC are segmented by age (for all ages), and sex. The diagnosed prevalent cases of UC are segmented by age (for all ages), sex, and severity. Additionally the model provides post-operative UC cases among diagnosed prevalent cases of UC for the forecast period.
- The UC epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The Epidemiology Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to Buy
The UC Epidemiology series will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global UC markets.
- Quantify patient populations in the global UC markets to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for UC therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand magnitude of UC population by its severity.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05480081/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001