SIGN UP for our newsletter ✉️ :

Get the latest stories delivered straight to you

Ukraine faces North Macedonia in critical EURO 2024 qualification match — kickoff at 16:00 EET

Serhiy Rebrov
Serhiy Rebrov

Ukraine’s national football team faces North Macedonia in a key EURO 2024 Group C qualification match this afternoon, and the Ukrainian Football Association announced its official 23-man squad on X (Twitter) on Oct. 14.

The two teams are behind both England and Italy in the standings with 7 points each. This afternoon’s matchup is integral to both teams’ chances of qualifying for EURO 2024 in Germany.

Ukraine is the favorite to win, with bookmaker Favet giving the team a 58% chance at gaining the full 3 points for a victory. The group gives North Macedonia a 17% chance and believes there is a 25% chance for a draw.

Here is Ukraine’s official squad for today’s game.

Read also: IIHF knocks UEFA while announcing its decision to ban Russian national hockey teams of all ages through 2024

Goalkeepers: Bushchan, Trubin, Riznyk

Defenders: Konoplia, Mykhaylichenko, Svatok, Zabarnyi, Mykolenko, Zinchenko, Karavaev, Matviienko

Midfielders: Sydorchuk, Stepanenko, Sudakov, Malinovskyi, Buyalskyi, Nazaryna, Pikhalonok, Zubkov

Forwards: Yaremchuk, Mudryk, Dovbyk, Vanat

Sunderland center-forward Nazariy Rusyn and Dynamo Kyiv defender Denis Popov were not included in the squad list.

Read also: Dynamo footballers spotted at a party in Kyiv during curfew hours – video

The match kicks off on 14 Oct at 16:00 EET at the Epet Arena in Prague, Czech Republic. NV will following the match the match online. National broadcaster Suspilne and the Megogo streaming service platform will be broadcasting the match live.

Group C remaining matches:

Oct. 14: Ukraine vs. North Macedonia

Oct. 14: Italy vs. Malta

Oct. 17: England vs. Italy

Oct. 17: Malta vs. Ukraine

Nov. 17: England vs. Malta

Nov. 17: Italy vs. North Macedonia

Nov. 20: North Macedonia vs. England

Nov. 20: Ukraine vs. Italy

We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!

Read the original article on The New Voice of Ukraine