WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT: A bride is lucky to be alive after she was bitten by a venomous spider while honeymooning in Jamaica.
Victoria Ross was with her husband Brian when she was nipped on the right leg by a violin spider on July 4, leaving her with an inflamed red-raw leg covered in pus-filled boils.
Their dream vacation at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa quickly turned into a nightmare with the 32-year-old spending 13 days in hospital on returning home, where she was warned that she might lose her leg.
"I woke up on the last day of our amazing honeymoon and noticed that I had a small bite on my leg.
"I had no idea that a tiny spider could cause so much damage.
"The wound had scabbed over, and so I didn't go back to the doctor because I thought it was healing.
"I thought nothing of it until I was on the plane back to the UK and was in searing agony."
But a week later, Ms Ross was at work when she came down with cold shivers, a headache and vomiting.
She was rushed to Airedale hospital in Keighley, West Yorkshire and was told she was suffering from sepsis.
Ms Ross went straight to the doctor and was put on a four-week dose of antibiotics.
Doctors feared that they would have no choice but to amputate the ghastly leg.
"My leg was vile, I could see that little blisters were forming on the surface of the skin and filling with fluid.
"One filled right up and then burst, it was absolutely disgusting. But 10 hours later it filled with more puss. It looked like a zombie's leg from the Walking Dead.
"Doctors came around twice and said that they would need to amputate if I didn't improve soon.
"Thankfully they didn't have to and I still have my leg and my life."
When she was discharged from hospital, Victoria was left wheelchair bound. It took a few more weeks before she could walk on crutches.