Philippines' President Rodrigo Duterte has warned of another potentially damaging cyclone as the death toll from the world's strongest typhoon of the year rose to 20.
Typhoon Goni, which battered provinces south of the capital Manila on Sunday with gusts of up to 310 kilometres per hour is the 18th to hit the Philippines this year and one of the strongest typhoons since Haiyan killed more than 6300 people in 2013.
The country's disaster agency on Monday said 20 people had been killed in Albay and Catanduane provinces, up from the 16 it had previously reported.
Officials said a forcible movement order of more than 345,000 people had averted more deaths.
Now another storm, Atsani, with gusts of up to 80 kph is gaining strength over the Pacific Ocean and is expected to make landfall late this week.
"It's not as powerful as (Goni) but it would cause damage in its path, on the roads and bridges," Duterte said in a televised cabinet meeting.
The state weather agency forecasts two to three more typhoons to enter the Philippines in November and another one to two in December.
The Philippines, an archipelago of more than 7600 islands, has about 20 tropical storms annually.