Two virus cases in Adelaide leave hospital

Two people who had been confirmed to have the coronavirus have been discharged from hospital in Adelaide.

The couple, both aged 60, arrived in South Australia from China last month on a direct flight.

They were admitted to the Royal Adelaide Hospital where they were held in isolation for the past two weeks.

SA Health said on Friday the pair had recovered and had since returned negative results to multiple tests for the virus.

"There is no risk to the public as they have been fully cleared of the virus," the department said in a statement.

Another 21 people in SA are still waiting for the results of tests for the disease.