Two more men charged over Sydney gang rape

·1-min read

Two more men have been charged over the gang rape of a 22-year-old woman allegedly attacked by her date and four associates in Sydney.

The woman had arranged to meet a man she had been communicating with on an online dating application in June.

While she was in the bathroom of a home, a larger group of men allegedly turned up and sexually assaulted her, the Supreme Court was told in August.

Police on Tuesday arrested a 24-year-old man and charged him with two counts of aggravated sexual assault in company, which carries a maximum term of life in prison.

He is set to face Bankstown Local Court on Tuesday.

A 23-year-old man was also charged with two counts aggravated sexual assault in company.

He was released on bail on Wednesday and is due to appear at Newtown Local Court on September 22.

The alleged organiser of the attack, Ashcroft man Adam Kabbout, 24, made a failed bid for bail in the Supreme Court in August while he fights six counts of aggravated sexual intercourse without consent while in company.

The court was told police don't allege Kabbout, had sex with the woman but he allegedly tried to film the other men raping her.

A fourth man, 19, was charged in June over his alleged involvement and remains before the courts.