All residents in a complex of 100 townhouses in Melbourne's CBD will be in lockdown for 14 days after two more people tested positive for Covid.
Health Minister Martin Foley confirmed the two residents of The Kings Park Apartment Complex on Southbank tested positive on Tuesday, although they will be included in Wednesday's figures.
Covid-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar said the two new cases are both men, who live in separate apartments "adjacent to the four other positive cases that we've already seen in that wider complex".
"Those two positive cases are connected to some communal areas that we are concerned about, thoroughfares within that particular complex," Mr Weimar said.
A total of six people who live in the apartment building have now tested positive. Three have been moved to hospital, while a third, a baby, remains at the complex with its mum.
On Sunday, 61 residents deemed to be close contacts were told to self-isolate after authorities established a link between two previous cases who live there.
One was a worker from Arcare Maidstone, who earlier contracted the virus via the aged care facility.
Because of the growing number of infections, the low-rise complex, has now been listed as a Tier 1 exposure site from June 2 to June 14, forcing the more than 200 total residents inside for two weeks.
Victoria records another donut day of ZERO cases
Earlier on Tuesday, Victoria officials announced no new local cases of coronavirus up until midnight, just its second so-called donut day since lockdown restrictions were imposed late last month.
Three cases were found in hotel quarantine.
On social media, many Melburnians were quick to celebrate the news, which is the second donut day in a week after Victoria also recorded no daily new cases on Friday last week.
Melbourne still 'on track' for easing of restrictions
Mr Foley on Sunday said the state was "on track" to further ease restrictions but warned any changes would be "gradual" and "careful".
He said increased testing would give authorities more confidence the virus wasn't spreading undetected in the community.
Melbourne emerged from a two-week lockdown on Friday, though it was replaced with strict restrictions, including a ban on home gatherings, a 25km travel limit and mandatory masks indoors and out, which will remain until at least June 18.
Regional Victorians are allowed two visitors at home, while density limits are in place at restaurants, pubs and cafes, gyms and other venues.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.