Turtle rescued after NSW balcony fall

·1-min read

A Fire and Rescue crew has shown its soft side in rescuing a shell- shocked turtle after an unfortunate fall on the NSW central coast.

The firefighters were called to an apartment block at The Entrance, just after 1230 on Tuesday.

There they found a young boy desperate to retrieve his reptilian pet, which had fallen from his apartment's balcony to the apartment below.

The turtle had remained trapped there for two days as the occupants were not contactable.

Fire crews used a ladder to access the first floor unit and retrieve the turtle.

The uninjured turtle was then reunited with its very grateful owner.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting