Triple-zero call played at murder trial

·2-min read

A woman's triple-zero call recorded her continuing to carry out CPR on her grazier partner who she's now accused of sedating and gassing.

Natasha Beth Darcy has pleaded not guilty to murdering sheep farmer Mathew Dunbar, 42, on his property Pandora in the NSW Northern Tablelands town of Walcha in the early hours of August 2, 2017.

The now 46-year-old rang triple zero at 2am and the 20-minute call, which was reconnected twice, was played to the NSW Supreme Court jury on Thursday.

Darcy is accused of using a Nutribullet to blend sedatives into a drink she gave to her partner in a glass tumbler, before later allegedly placing a plastic bag over his head and gassing him.

In the call asking for an ambulance she said she walked into the bedroom and saw the bag over his head and gas coming out.

Answering questions from the operator, she said she turned the gas off, "he is still warm" and "he is not breathing".

She tells the operator she knows how to perform CPR and for most of the remainder of the call, she or the operator continue to count out "one, two, three, four" for Darcy to carry out the procedure.

The operator tells her she is doing a good job and to keep going until the paramedics arrive.

The Crown alleges Darcy was motivated to kill her partner as she was the sole beneficiary of his $3.5 million property.

Prosecutor Brett Hatfield alleges that in the months before his death Darcy made numerous internet searches including "how to commit murder" and "suicide methods".

She had pleaded guilty to aiding or abetting suicide, but the Crown rejected the plea and contended she killed the grazier.

Her barrister Janet Manuel SC referred to Mr Dunbar's physical health problems, his depression, the suicide death of a very close friend in April 2017, Mr Dunbar's own suicide threat in June 2017 and his admission into a psychiatric unit

The trial continues before Justice Julia Lonergan.

Lifeline 13 11 14

beyondblue 1300 22 4636