CCTV shows tragic twist after young siblings die in dad's hot car

A father who was charged with the death of his two young children after they were found in a hot truck has been released after a new development in the case.

Dustin Lee Dennis was facing two counts of second degree murder after Teagan Dennis, 4, and her younger brother Ryan, 3, were found on the floor of their dad’s truck in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday (local time), according to Fox News.

At the time, it was believed Mr Dennis had taken his kids for a trip to a local store and when he returned, he had slept for four to five hours.

Teagan Dennis (Left) and her little brother Ryan Dennis (Right), were found in the footwell of their dad’s truck in Oklahoma. Source: GoFundMe

Mr Dennis told police when he woke up his children were missing and he eventually found them inside of his truck and moved them inside, where paramedics pronounced them dead.

Temperatures reached 32C that day in Tulsa and may have reached higher temperatures inside the vehicle.

Neighbour’s CCTV reveals tragic new detail

In a heartbreaking development, a neighbour’s security camera footage has confirmed the two children got into the truck on their own and never get out.

Tulsa DA released a statement on Monday confirming they had seen the footage and released the father.

“Today Investigators with the Tulsa Police Department brought to the attention of the District Attorney’s Office additional information they were able to develop in the matter of the deaths of Tegan and Ryan Dennis. Detectives within the Child Crisis Unit were concerned about conflicting information as it related to the initially reported facts.

“Video surveillance footage from a neighbours home confirmed that the children managed to get into the truck and tragically never got out.

Dustin Lee Dennis (Right) was initially charged with second degree murder when his children were found dead inside of his truck (pictured), the charges were dropped when new evidence was released. Source: Fox News

“Based upon that newly discovered evidence the detectives immediately reported it to our office.

“We then presented that information to the judge who initially set bond. Mr. Dennis was authorised for release on a personal recognisance bond.”

Tulsa police are still actively investigating the case. There are no active charges but that could change, according to Fox News.

Once the investigation is complete, the DA’s office will look at all of the evidence and probable cause to determine if charges will be laid.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by family members to help pay for the sibling’s funeral.

Do you have a story tip? Email:

You can also follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.