Queensland's theme parks will be subjected to mandatory safety checks under proposed changes to safety laws after four people were killed at Dreamworld.
Draft reforms will be passed to the state's coroner and come into force before the end of the year, Industrial Relations Minister Grace Grace told a state budget estimates hearing on Thursday.
A coronial inquest into the deaths of four people on Dreamworld's Thunder River Rapids ride in October 2016 is currently under way.
"If there are any further recommendations that come from the inquest we will ensure that we will incorporate those," Ms Grace said.
Mandatory training for ride operators and the development of detailed safety plans will be enforced under the proposed changes.
Ms Grace said major inspections would be undertaken on rides in addition to existing requirements.
"These will be comprehensive inspections, it might involve stripping down the ride, looking up what new technologies have come in," she said.
Ride operators who zigzag across the country for local shows will also fall under the new rules.
They will have to undertake regular checks and maintain logbooks.
Workplace health and safety officers are preparing for a full audit of all 34 rides at Brisbane's Ekka show, which starts later this month, followed by an audit of all theme parks across the state.
The inquest into the Dreamworld tragedy was told last month the ride shouldn't have been operating at the time of the incident and its operator was not provided basic safety training.
The inquest is due to resume in October.