SIGN UP for our newsletter ✉️ :

Get the latest stories delivered straight to you

Man suffers burns to face after BBQ gas bottle exploded at Sydney home

A young man has suffered severe burns after a gas bottle exploded in front of him at a home in western Sydney.

Emergency services were called to the Toongabbie home around 8.30pm on Saturday night.

The man, aged in his 20s, was using a barbecue at the time of the explosion and suffered burns to his hands and his face.

He was rushed to hospital where he remains on Sunday.

The back of the home was extensively damaged and the outdoor furniture was completely destroyed.