A toddler has died from a heart attack after ingesting her dad’s cocaine, a judge has ruled.
The three-year-old from London, named only as K, collapsed and died on April 6 after being admitted to the hospital under the suspicion she had fallen ill with sepsis or meningitis, according to Metro.
Her parents, who share four other children together, pointed the fingers at each other after an autopsy revealed she had cocaine in her system.
The dad claimed the girl’s mum had kept the cocaine in a drawer in her bedroom.
High Court Judge Justice Williams ruled this week that K’s dad was involved in “drug-related activities” and had “carelessly” brought the drug into their house, Metro reported.
Judge Williams said he believed the father had “processed it in some way in an area which the children have access to”.
“It seems most probable that she turned a blind eye or persuaded herself that sufficient precautions were being taken to protect the children. This was to kid herself,” he said, according to the publication.
It is not known how K, who has been described as “playful and cheeky”, ingested the cocaine.
The couple’s remaining children have been removed from their care.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.