Family members dead after fumes leak in backyard shed

Three people have died after they were found unconscious in a backyard shed.

Emergency services rushed to a backyard shed in the far west of New South Wales after three people were found unconscious on Thursday about 4.30pm.

It’s believed a generator malfunctioned at a Broken Hill property on Thursday, and three people, believed to be a father and his two sons, collapsed overcome by dangerous petrol fumes.

Paramedics reported the trio were not breathing and called for more crews to race to the scene.

Paramedics are treating three people after a petrol fume leak in a shed in Broken Hill. Source: 7 News
Paramedics are treating three people after a petrol fume leak in a shed in Broken Hill. Source: 7 News

Three people, a 44-year-old man and his two sons, aged 16 and 23, were hospitalised but have since died. Police are now investigating with a crime scene established.

A report will be prepared for the coroner.