Three die in Bulgarian COVID clinic fire

Three patients are dead after a fire broke out in a hospital's Covid-19 station in eastern Bulgaria, according to state media.

The fire on Sunday was caused by "negligence" on the part of one of the patients in the clinic in the city of Sliven.

According to state radio, one of the deceased lit a cigarette in the hospital room.

Six patients were saved from the fire. No hospital staff was injured in the incident.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting