View Comments

A British coroner has found a nine-year-old boy died accidentally when he was strangled on a dressing gown cord while playing Cowboys and Indians in his bedroom.

Connar Kiedyk died in June last year.

He was discovered in his room by his sister.

Connar's mother, Ursula , attempted to revive her adopted son and called an ambulance but he died a short time later in hospital.

The inquest in Lincolnshire found that Connar was playing in his bedroom when he somehow became caught on the bunk bed.

The Daily Mail newspaper reported that Mrs Kiedyk told the coroner that Connar had a bunk bed in his room with no bottom bunk in it so that he had more space to play and that she had asked him to tidy his room that evening.

"Connar would usually shove everything in a corner and say it's done, and then said 'I'll go check' which meant it wasn't tidy.

"Certain toys had to be downstairs in order for us to keep an eye on him with them, but we had no problems with his toy soldiers in his bedroom which he used to play Cowboys and Indians with."

The coroner found there was no link between Connar's death and him being bullied by classmates at his upcoming birthday party.

Wellholme Community Primary School staff member Tina Burns told the Daily Mail: "He was a very caring young boy and took matters into his own hands to help others.

"He was an irrepressible but very bright young man."

District Coroner Paul Kelly recorded an accidental death verdict.

"Connar was playing Cowboys and Indians at the time, and it was an experiment involving his dressing gown which cost him his life."