A Chilean man has been electrocuted after climbing an electricity pylon while affected by drugs.
Amatuer video captured the tragedy as the man, named only as Miguel, swung on to a high-voltage cable.
Firefighters tried to coax him down as he swung back and forth.
It appears that the man's legs touched one of the cables, killing him instantly and causing a massive explosion.
Rescue authorities were called to the area of Lo Prado in the Chilean capital by nearby residents when they spotted Miguel climing the tower.
Residents say is is not the first time Miguel climbed the tower.
The explosion set fire to two houses and cut power to about 500 homes.