The West

A man was taken to Royal Perth Hospital with burns and smoke inhalation this morning after an apartment fire in Mosman Park.

Just before 5am, firefighters were called to a block of units on Dover Court, near Fairlight Street.

The blaze was started by portable batteries from an electric bicycle.

Fire crews from Claremont, Daglish and Fremantle managed to control the blaze within 20 minutes.

It caused about $15,000 damage.

The extent of the man's burns is unknown.

The West Australian

Latest News From The West

If they genuinely want to get same-sex marriage achieved, and as soon as possible, Labor and the Greens need to do some hard thinking.

Kabul (AFP) - Islamic State jihadists claimed responsibility for twin explosions Saturday that ripped through crowds of Shiite Hazaras in Kabul, killing at least 80 people and wounding 231 others in …

West Coast have dodged an upset and a major bullet that could have derailed their top four prospects, snatching a six point win against Melbourne at Domain Stadium.

Six men who sparked a mid-air brawl on a Jetstar flight can expect to be hit with heavy fines after they return home under police guard.

Popular videos